At First Response, the safety of our employees, our customers, and the environment are paramount to the success of our day-to-day operations.
It is our primary commitment to implement, maintain and support protocols that promote the safety and protection of human health. This ideology is reinforced at all levels of our company, and has been adopted by every member of the First Response team.
First Response personnel are our company’s most valuable asset. We maintain an exceptional safety record by providing ongoing training and continuing education courses as well as retain the most skilled and competent tradesmen in the industry.
Our operators and field technicians are specially trained to operate each piece of heavy equipment and commercially licensed vehicle in our fleet. First Response personnel have the technical expertise to perform projects requiring Level “D” to Level “A” Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Our Director of Health & Safety requires individual project safety plans and specialized training for every project First Response completes. Our program fully complies with OSHA general industry and construction industry standards.
The list below outlines the minimum training requirements for all First Response field service personnel.
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
- 8-Hour Annual Refresher
- OSHA 10 hr / 30 hr General Industry
- OSHA 10 hr / 30 hr Construction
- Lockout Tagout Training
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training
- Fall Protection Training
- Fork Lift Training
- Aerial Lift Training
- Respiratory Protection Training
- HazCom GHS Training
- Hearing Conservation Training
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- CSX Railroad Safety Training
- First Aid/CPR/AED Training
- Confined Space Entry
- Boat & Boom Training
- Bi-Monthly Safety Meetings / Trainings
- New Hire Physical/DOT Physical
- Annual Physical/DOT Physical
- Random Drug/Alcohol testing program